Thursday, June 23, 2011

Accoutablilty

  We had our first nutrition class today, and was encouraged today to learn that we have to watch callorie consumption but we are encouraged to look at portions and do carb/ fat / protien counting.  As a nurse with frequent diabetic patients, I am familiar with carb counting.  It had been about 2 years ago that I was put on Glucophage for high insulin levels but I was never told to take a diabetic class just decrease my amount of sugar intake, so I was  able to coast along in blissful ignorance as to how many carbs and sugars I was really taking in.  This challenge now has me being accountable for all that.
   Not to mention the accountability of now having friends, family and even CO-WORKERS knowing that I am part of the 100 day Heart Challenge, and will be watching and hopefully asking about the changes I am triing to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment